Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Studio Log

These Studies have been helpful. They make me feel productive, give me something to look at, and also have helped me develop some new ideas for my final project. All of the images are google searched, cut up, and then joined randomly in a collage. These collages have helped me pin point the type of imagery that makes work interesting and thought provoking; whether its a certain arrangement of shapes or the location of recognizable symbols or images.
I think it will be beneficial to me to stop putting so much weight on every shape, color and symbol that I use in my work. Some elements of my work need to complement the more significant ones without overpowering them. Ultimately the statement in my work is going to be derived form the subject matter in which I start with, and the two or three elements in the work that are most noticeable yet integrated with the rest of the image. 
Color has been working surprisingly well within each composition. The found images were not altered at all yet the all seem to work will both in terms of color value and hue. I am going to continue to create these collages and soon start to manipulate the color within them as another way to abstract the image. I hope to find myself in the print studio within another week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment